• Home
  • Travel & Visa Policy

Visas & Immigration

Direct investments in the United States can be made without the requirement of a visa. If, however, you wish to manage your U.S. company or if qualified personnel need to be transferred from the parent company to the subsidiary, visas and often work permits become an important item to be considered.

The granting of visas is a federal issue and is administered exclusively by the U.S. government. Individual states do not have any jurisdiction in this domain. Members of CASE may be able to assist marginally, but the decision to allow a foreigner to enter the U.S. for work, business travel or for leisure is entirely within the authority and responsibility of U.S. Federal agencies.

Non-U.S. personnel that will be sent to work in a U.S. subsidiary of a foreign-based corporation should plan the visa application in a timely fashion as it may take longer than anticipated to obtain travel – work – and “immigration” permission. Please keep in mind that a visa is just a permit to travel to the United States! It is the “immigration officer” at the border control who finally decides whether you may or may not enter the country, based on the completed and provided documentation.

To apply for the correct visa for your personnel we recommend you contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country. You may also employ the services of visa attorneys, whom your CASE partner can recommend.

Detailed data on visas for the U.S.A. but also on the Visa-Waiver Program (VWP) can be found at:

For addresses of U.S. Embassies/Consulates in Europe, please visit:

Any Questions about the Travel and Visa Policy in the U.S.?

CASE works fast to get the information you need in order to make key decisions about your expansion to the U.S.A.
Start by sending your inquiry directly from the CASE website. It will immediately be reviewed and passed along to our members for action.