Why locate your Business in South Carolina
Globally competitive business structure
Unparalleled infrastructure & accessibility
Progressive & competitive business environment
Reliable, affordable & environmentally friendly energy
Low tax rates and competitive customized incentives
Strong & dependable workforce
R&D and Innovation
Unsurpassed quality of life
Doing Business in South Carolina as a foreign Corporation
- Ranked in the top third in the nation for attracting jobs through foreign direct investment on a per capita basis
- Seven percent of the workforce is employed by international companies
- South Carolina is home to more than 1,200 international firms
- Access to international markets through the Port of Charleston,one of the busiest container ports along the Southeast and Gulf coasts and is recognized as one of the nation’s most efficient and productive ports.
- ReadySC, an internationally recognized program that provides customized recruiting and training solutions to companies bringing new jobs to the state.
- SourceSC, a comprehensive directory of industry suppliers and vendors within S.C. Source more than 6,500 companies in South Carolina to find manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, distributors and others to do business with.
European Corporations that started their Business in South Carolina
- Schaeffler Group USA, Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- Siemens Industry, Inc.
- GKN Aerospace South Carolina, Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- The Boeing Company
- Lockheed Martin
- Honeywell International
- BMW Manufacturing Co.
- ZF Transmissions Gray Court
- Michelin North America, Inc.
- Continental Tire the Americas
- Robert Bosch
- DAA Draxlmaier Automotive of America
- Gestamp South Carolina
- Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp.
- Volvo Car USA
- Daimler AG
- Benteler Automotive
- Capsugel Mfg Technologies
- Perrigo Company of South Carolina
- Medtronic plc
- DSM Nutritional Products
- WeylChem US, Inc.
- Avara – GlaxoSmithKline
- Constantia Blythewood
- Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Solvay USA Inc.
- BeliMed, Inc.
- Fehrer Automotive North America
- Röchling Automotive Duncan
- Solvay Composite Materials
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- CeramTec North America Corporation
- Plastic Omnium Auto Exteriors
- SAATI Americas Corp.
- Agru America, Inc.
- CHOMARAT North America
- Bostik, Inc.
Starting an LLC in South Carolina
Just Right for Business
It's who we are in South Carolina
State Demographics - South Carolina’s Economy
miles of 66% of the U.S.’ Population
for attracting jobs through FDI on a per capita basis
Home to Charleston
voted one of the Top Cities to Visit in the World
Top Exporter of Passenger Vehicles in the U.S.
undergraduate international business program
ranked by U.S. News & World